Sunday 29 April 2012

Vintage Hair and Beauty

This weekend I had a great treat. I went to the Festival of Vintage in York. It was amazing; so much to see and do. My main treat was a vintage makeover. There was a Vintage Beauty Parlour run by lovely Bethany so I booked in to have the works. Just for fun.

At the parlour:



And the reveal:

These two charming gents were presenting a display an the Home Guard and agreed to pose with me, very kindly.

Bethany worked a miracle on my hair. She used tongs, pins and about a tone of hairspray. Her colleague did the make-up. She told me for a '50s look you need "red lips, strong blush and liquid-eyeliner winged out." You can follow Bethany on Facebook as well (links on her website).

I will be putting more pics from the Festival very soon x

4 comments:

  1. Wow! you look so different I almost didn't recognise you!

    That must have been such fun, I'm rather jealous! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! you look fantastic.............. I love ,love the look and your hair is so pretty.. Dont you just love how they did things back then..
    Still loving that dress too.. So proud you had fun.. Cant wait to see the other photos.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, look at you! You look stunning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look divine!!! Your lip color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete